Terms and Conditions:
1. Samson moving & trucking guarantee that your belongings (furniture, boxes, fragile stuff) will be moved in an orderly careful manner. Using all the necessary equipment, we will professionally move with care and all due consideration. All efforts to prevent any damage will be taken.
2. Delicate Items which are not packed: Sometimes we end up moving things such as, unpacked glass, un-boxed pictures, lamps, shades, and electronics. While we can move it, they are not covered under declared valuation. We will go to great length to ensure that these kinds of items will not damaged by using pads and packing materials.
3. If you have articles in your home that are on 'their last legs' or already falling apart, please do not expect them to survive the move!! We take great pride in our services – and we will do our best to exercise all due care and attention, at all times.
4. Basic Value Protection: at the rate of $0.60 per lb./per article provides minimal protection. This option is available to you at no additional cost. Unless your furniture and belongings are of nominal value, this will not provide adequate protection.
5. Declared Value Protection: for which you are charged a small premium: For articles that may incur slight or moderate damage, and are repairable, we will have the item repaired by an independent qualified contractor, at our expense. For articles that may incur moderate, to severe or extensive damage, and are not repairable, compensation will be awarded for the replacement value; specifically, the current market value of the article. Factoring in the age of the article and including depreciation. Restitution will be equal to a comparable unit of the same age and size. Declared value is charged at a rate of $30,00 per $1,000 of protection coverage. That is $90,00 charge for 3000,00 coverage/ $200 deductible.
6. The contents of self-packed boxes are not covered under declared valuation.
7. Special considerations: As part of our service, where appropriate and as time permits; our movers will draw your attention to articles in your home that exhibit any nicks, dents, scratches or extensive pre-existing damage for the purpose of full disclosure - prior to being moved.
8. We recommend that you conduct a close examination of all articles in your home a day or two prior to your moving date. When the movers arrive, you may point out any articles that exhibit prior damage or appear to be fragile or weak, so that extra care can be taken to attempt to avoid any further deterioration.
9. Furniture items made of press board, particle-board and fiberboard are not insurable. Structural integrity rarely exists in these products. These units arrive to you, unassembled, in a box. The screws and plugs with which these units are assembled are generally adequate enough, while they remain stationary. Once assembled, these articles are not sturdy enough to be moved and/or transported.
10. Of note, the movers will not be responsible for any lost or missing keys that may belong to any drawers, cabinets or storage lockers. It is the owner’s responsibility to safely secure all keys on their person, or securely tape the keys inside the drawer or cabinet (leaving it unlocked). If the drawer or cabinet is locked or self-locks during the move, it is the owner’s responsibility to retain a “spare key” or hire a locksmith to reopen the cabinet.
11. Preparation for your move: A very important, but often ignored, aspect of your move is that of appliance servicing. Most machines and mechanical equipment in your home will need to be properly prepared for the move. This will protect them from internal damage. Washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, stereos, grandfather clocks and water beds are all examples of the items that need to be cared in advance. If any of these articles are not serviced before transportation, they will travel at the risk of the owner for any internal damage that may occur. A licensed professional should do all servicing of these articles. It is the owner’s responsibility to make arrangements for appliance servicing.
12. On local moves minimum charge applied is 2 hr. In case if your move (labor and travel time) took 1,5hr, you will be charged for 2hr. The total time is rounded to the next 15min. In case if your move took 2hr and 10 min, the total charge will be 2hr and 15min.
13. In the event of a claim: There needs to be an assessment and review for a claim evaluation. This includes, the condition and age of the article as well as determining culpability for any visible damage. Our crew is trained and instructed to disclose any incident that occurs. They are under no pressure of consequence in this regard.
14. An insurance claim does not release you from your obligation to pay all lawful charges for moving services and transport. Payment is due on delivery. Should payment not be made, the driver reserves the right to retain goods on the truck until such a time that payment is made for service as per the Bill of Lading.
15. In case of flat rate move you would be required to provide our representative with exact inventory list and loading/unloading conditions as well. When we arrive and you want to add additional items or loading/unloading conditions are changed the flat price is subject for revision.
2010 © Samson Moving & Trucking inc. All rights reserved.